Join a Committee:
Students from a variety of backgrounds and majors have been able to find their niche at the Weiss Tech House. As a student run organization, the bulk of our programs and services are facilitated by an impressive group of student leaders who serve on one of six Weiss Tech House committees.
1. Attend an Event: Several times a month the Weiss Tech House presents talks, dinners and workshops with industry leaders on a wide range of topics. Visit our events calendar for a list of upcoming events.
2. Find a Team: Do you have an idea for a product or service but are not sure how to begin? Perhaps you want to lend your expertise to an existing project? PennLaunch is a student-developed Internet service that connects people with ideas, skilled collaborators, and funding to facilitate innovation.
3. Find a Mentor: Schedule a meeting with our in-house graduate legal and business mentors.
4. Apply for Funding: Our in-house, mini-venture capital Innovation Fund accepts student pitches on a rolling basis and awards grants of up to $1000.
5. Compete in PennVention: Our annual inventor’s competition provides intensive industry mentoring and an opportunity to compete for $60,000 in cash and in-kind services. For more information click here.
6. Use the computer lab and meeting space: Students with a valid Penn ID are welcome to visit us on the second floor of Levine Hall, Room 266, to access group meeting space, a computer lab, printing service, six project bays in which to build a prototype, various tools and a library of technical books and videos.